As the holidays are approaching really fast, a lot of you will probably be flying to join your families or simply just to take a vacation! When you’re pregnant, there are things that you need to check before flying, things that sometimes may not be that obvious. We’ve created a little reminder for you girls!
- Before planning anything, get cleared by your doctor, especially if your pregnancy may be at risk !
- Ask your doctor for a letter that indicates that it is safe for you to travel! Some airlines ask for it.
- Make sure that your insurance covers you, some insurances don’t cover if you travel beyond 34 weeks!
- Verify before booking that your airline allows you to travel! Some don’t allow pregnant women after 32-36 weeks! Every airline has a different policy.
- Make sure you have a good hospital near your destination
- Dress comfortably
- Keep your prenatal medications and vitamins in your purse
- Stay hydrated!
- Bring snacks! Food in the plane is not always the best.
- If you’re having a long flight, make sure to walk down the isle of the plane.
- Use maternity flight socks/compression stockings to help your blood circulation.
- Let the cabin crew know that you’re pregnant, they will be more helpful!
- Don’t lift heavy bags!
- Make sure to rest the first day of your vacation! Travelling is already exhausting, so imagine now that you’re pregnant!
If you have more tips for us, please leave us a comment below!